Sunday 14 December 2014

Bike falls, weather bombs and exam fails

Well it's been a pretty challenging week...

I woke up on Monday morning feeling pretty good, my legs had pretty much stopped hurting from Saturday's run. However, I bashed myself a bit after a fall off my bike on Monday morning on some black ice. My plan had always been to use the Tuesday night,to go for a run, so this put it in a little doubt, however by Tuesday evening my bruised body wasn't the main thing that was making me think twice about going for a run...

 
A weather bomb was on its way! Now I've never heard of this before and I don't quite know how it works, but it meant it was pretty windy. Actually the first half of my run was no bother, in fact I was flying and I felt pretty good too, it wasn't until I turned around to head back I realised why I was going so fast as I met the full effects of the weather bomb in the face! It took me twice as long to get back.
 
But at least I went!
 
The next planned run was Thursday, the weather had not improved much, but worse news was to arrive:
 
Now to the non-actuarial individual this may just look like a list of random names, no cause for concern. However, to me this is also a list of random names none of which are mine meaning that for a third time I had failed the CA3 exam. Now this is neither the time or the place to go on a rant against the faculty of actuaries and what I think of their CA3 exam. All I will say is I was not a happy bunny and the run did not happen.

Lynne will testify that I am no fun to be around after an exam fail (having experienced it a few times) I usually mope around for the weekend, and then just get on with the resit.

My Saturday run was great and I felt 100 times better for it, although it does make me nervous to realise how far I will have to run on the big day.

Vital stats

Distance run this week - 16.0km
Total distance run since start of training - 22.6km
Time run this week - 1 hour 38 minutes
This week's average pace - 6 minutes 8 seconds per kilometre
Total weightloss - 2lb :)

Please give generously!

I have now set up my virgin just giving account, I feel hesitant to ask for sponsors this close to Christmas, but if you feel the desire you can donate here, http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserPage.action?userUrl=therunningactuary&faId=524011&isTeam=false

 


No comments:

Post a Comment