Sunday 4 January 2015

Happy Nipple Year!

Well after one week off I am back, it was quite surprising to get a few comments this week asking where last week's blog was. So here goes, hopefully the wait will be worth it.

I hope that Christmas has been good to everyone and I wish everyone a happy and a very prosperous new year! (Remember to use some of that prosperity towards my sponsorship).

With the annual struggle that Lynne has to find me the perfect Christmas present. She will tell you that I am a real pain to buy for and shamefully I am also prone to grumble when I don't like what's in my stocking. I knew at the point at which I was accepted to take part in the marathon this would make it much simpler for her, I soon started sending out what I thought were pretty strong hints at running type gear that would help me in my preparation, some of my hints included:

  • My trainers are getting a bit tattered now...
  • Running without music is a bit boring, but my headphones won't stay in while running...
  • My hands get really cold whilst out running...
Apparently none of the above were as clear as the following unintentional hint:

  • The rubbish thing about getting old and fat is growing man boobs which can mean that you can get some pretty painful nipple chafing...
Which leads us to Christmas morning......



No trainers, headphones or gloves, but 10 sets of fluorescent nipple protectors! As she will read this, I must say it is one of the greatest gifts ever, I will keep them close to my heart!

Well over the last fortnight I have managed 3 runs, including a new longest run of 13km. I still feel ok, nothing is hurting too much although I am struggling with energy a few hours after a run is finished. This is probably evidence that crisps and chocolate are not the best refuelling foods.

Vital Stats

Time run this fortnight - 2 hours 47 minutes
Distance covered this fortnight - 28.1km
Distance covered since beginning of training - 70.7km
Average pace - 5 minutes 57 seconds
Weight loss this fortnight - 1 lb (not bad for christmas!)
Total weight loss - 5lbs

Donor of the week

Unfortunately it seems that everyone has overspent over Christmas and I didn't get any new donors, so Auntie Lesley, you are still my star!

Please give generously

If you like to be next weeks donor of the week you know what you need to do!http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserPage.action?userUrl=therunningactuary&faId=524011&isTeam=false

No comments:

Post a Comment