Sunday 25 January 2015

My new found love of lycra!

Well it's been an extremely busy week, with my CA2 exam coming up this Wednesday there has been a significant amount of cramming. Fingers crossed that all will go well and I'll never have to think of it again. However, with one eye on the exam and also the freezing cold temperatures earlier in the week I only managed to get out twice this week.

With the subzero temperatures, I have had to resort to something I promised myself I would never do - wearing tights. A few years ago when I bought my last pair of running shoes, the sales assistant was giving me a really hard sell on these skin tight Lycra running trousers, I told him that I would never be seen dead in a pair of tights (well at least out running anyway). I told him that I was a man and that  the cold weather would never bother me that much.

However as it has been absolutely freezing I've had to relent and embrace tights. Now it's not as bad as it sounds, these are running tights for men, also to protect my dignity I wear a loose pair of shorts on top of them, as there are just some things that Dunfermline Town is not ready to see. Also if I'm being totally honest with myself I actually find them quite comfy, so much so I went out last week and bought myself a Lycra top to complete the outfit. Also it eliminates the need for my nipple protectors. I'm a convert.

Yesterday's run coincided with Charlie getting back from his gymnastics training, we noticed that in the Anderson household wearing Lycra was a man thing...



(You wouldn't believe how hard I am sucking in for this picture! I am also keeping my lower tights well hidden)

My two runs this week went well, with a longest ever run of 18.5km yesterday afternoon which got very slow in the last few kilometres. Without complaining too much, I'm in a bit of pain today and have had the deep heat out.

The main thing for this week though is that my exam on Wednesday goes well. Maybe wearing Lycra will help me concentrate? Wish me luck!

Vital StatsTime run this week - 2 hours 50 minutes
Distance covered this week - 28.5km
Distance covered since beginning of training - 150.6km
Average pace - 5 minutes 58 seconds

Donor of the week

Well I  was extremely excited this week to get an email telling me that I had received a donation from my Granny Day with the following message:

The race is not to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but he that endures. x

Granny as always delivering a thought provoking message!

A picture of me and my glamorous granny at her recent 80th birthday bash!

Thank you Granny.

Please give generously!

If you would love the chance to be donor of the week and at the same time help a great cause that contributes to loads of different charities then please go to http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserPage.action?userUrl=therunningactuary&faId=524011&isTeam=false


No comments:

Post a Comment